Need some help with a cis 8v

Ok, basic description of the problem is that the engine appears to have
a miss at idle that stays noticable through the rpm range.  Also have to
have the fuel mix very rich in order to keep it idling.  Engine also
will not idle when first start, you must keep it around 2k rpm untill
the engine warms up a bit.

Now, here are the things I've checked or replaced.

plugs (replaced)
plug wires (replaced)
dizzy cap and rotor (replaced)
injectors (replaced with used but from known running car)
Timing is dead on balls (cam/crank)
Compression check is good (160, 155, 162, 153)
Getting spark to all plugs

I think that covers it.  This engine was recently swapped in, using the
current fuel setup.  It ran fine in the car it came out of.  The
previous engine had the warm up issue as well, but not this missing BS.
Any ideas are welcome.  I may have forgotten to list some of the things
I did/checked but thats about the jist of it.  My current thought is
that it might be something with the fuel distributor but I thought I'd
check with the list before I swap that out.  This is on my wifes 89'
cabby BTW

William S.

--
88' Scirocco 16v (Crabby 16v)