Looking for a Class I Hitch, need to plan Hauling withaScirocco...

I had to make my own.  In my research I couldn't find anything made
especially for a Scirocco, although there are hitches out there for
Golfs and Jettas (A2+).  You could modify one of those to fit I guess.
I believe there are/were products out there for our cars, but I couldn't
find them.

I made my own (superbeefy) hitch setup.  It's ridiculously
over-engineered (as Sandor can attest to  :D).  It looked ok on paper
when I designed it, but after picking up my steel order I realized that
3" box tubing (1/4" wall) is a 'tad' heavy.  :D  I'd rate it at
somewhere around a Class 59!  :D   Oh well, if I ever buy a 100 ft boat
at least the hitch will handle it!

What I did was remove the rear bumper and designed the hitch to bolt in
place of it.  I used 1/2" steel plate shaped to fit into the "frame
rails" and welded the 3" box tube between them.  I welded nuts on the
back of the plate so it would bolt in easy just like the bumper itself.
I designed it to be able to fit a bumper cover over it, with just the 2"
box hitch receptacle sticking out below the cover.  It's naked at the
moment though.  (too many other projects to finish before I make it
"pretty").  Swapping the hitch for the original bumper is a matter of
R&R'ing 4 bolts...

Mark.
75
80 S