RS Airdam prototype for Mk1 on Vortex

The whole tone of the Vortex "discussion"  bothers me, I'm of the opinion
the everyone has reasons for the mods they do, whether it be for racing,
show, or because of availability and budget constraints. So you have to look
at the whole picture, I think. As long as mods are well done, and fit the
owner's plan, I'm not going to be critical. I'm sure there are a lot of
people who look at mine and wonder why I've kept the quad lights for
example. Well, I happen to like them on my car, I've chosen NOT to modify
them. And yours looks like it's gonna be easy on the eyes as well as meeting
your need of a lightweight car for racing. And it'll be a head turner. The
other plus for yours, in addition to good workmanship and not affecting the
"light and agile" nature of the car, is that you are still in fact using
real Euro parts, and of the same "family"and likely the same vintage, so
it's a safe bet they'll mesh from an aesthetic standpoint.
MkIIs are a bit easier to play with I think, they have both straight and
curved lines. MkIs are so much more angular, that's what makes curvy parts
look a bit out of place.
After that big blather, I think it'll look great when its done.

Cathy