Finally Progress

  Monika has lovingly named the MK1 Tilda.  Only because she thinks it will
be a long time "Tilda" damn thing runs.

 Thursday I actually got to work on the MK1.  A whole 10 hours.  In that
thrash the fan electrics were wired, all the issues with the rear lighting
were worked out, the GM Alternator brackets were fabbed and the 100 Amp Alt
mounted, the head lights were re-wired, the column wiring fingered out,
charging wire routed to rear, Engine compartment and Interior Vacuumed
(wiring bits and Acorns).  This wouldn't normally sound like alot, but in
November I tore out every strand of wire in the car.  So I actually starting
from scratch.

So now that the the lighting is verified to be operational, the next step is
to purchase a Turn signal Flasher, 8 Relays,  a bulkhead connector, and a
few other bits.

And you just have to love VW's ability to swap parts.  since the 88 Golf is
officially a parts car I took the 2 speed fan motor and six bladed fan off
of the A2 cage and it bolted right into the A1 Cage.  I love it.

Cheers,

Erik