OT:Re: OT - Cry for Help (At the Mercy of Viruses/Spyware)

Mike Smith wrote:

> I don't know, but when the new bug came out my friend and I both shared the impression that the ppl who drove them were MAC ppl.
>
> MACs are good (for some things): graphics and I don't know what.  Oh, apple.com has a good movie trailer section.
>
> Oh, and I think they're for ppl who don't want to or don't care about getting into their machines.  On a PC, I can change / modify almost everything in there and it doesn't take a CS degree to do it.  A MAC, I wouldn't go in there.  In fact, I've custom built my last two PCs.  Other than the ppl who make MACs, who do you know that owns one they made themselves from parts?
>
> Not trying to stir things up, but those are my thoughts on them.  I don't dislike them.  I know they can be powerful (as I said, great for graphic design) and it would be nice to have a computer that isn't affected by 99% of the viruses out there, but a PC is much more versatile, IMHO.  And it seems most (not all) MAC ppl are software intelligent, but not hardware intelligent.
>
> Mike
> No, I'm not opinionated!

Weeellll,

You make some points but- lots of folks get computers to just get the
job done. OTOH, other folks want to 'fiddle' with the innards. This
group includes lots of Mac folks who don't have as many options to do
so- this isn't a failure of the owner/operator, it's the nature of the
market.

A box is a box is a box. I have some of each kind.

btw- If Apple had licensed the OS to run on i386 architecture you'd have
a chance to combine the best of both worlds.

TBerk
stirring the Holy War pot.