OT:Re: OT - Cry for Help (At the Mercy of Viruses/Spyware)

I don't know, but when the new bug came out my friend and I both shared the impression that the ppl who drove them were MAC ppl.

MACs are good (for some things): graphics and I don't know what.  Oh, apple.com has a good movie trailer section.

Oh, and I think they're for ppl who don't want to or don't care about getting into their machines.  On a PC, I can change / modify almost everything in there and it doesn't take a CS degree to do it.  A MAC, I wouldn't go in there.  In fact, I've custom built my last two PCs.  Other than the ppl who make MACs, who do you know that owns one they made themselves from parts?

Not trying to stir things up, but those are my thoughts on them.  I don't dislike them.  I know they can be powerful (as I said, great for graphic design) and it would be nice to have a computer that isn't affected by 99% of the viruses out there, but a PC is much more versatile, IMHO.  And it seems most (not all) MAC ppl are software intelligent, but not hardware intelligent.

Mike
No, I'm not opinionated!

Julie Macfarlane <juliemac57@hotmail.com> wrote:
You are right David. I typed, sent then thought about my statement.
There is a place in the world for Mac's, Penguins etc. I wasn't speaking of
members of the list. Sheesh It seems we have all reached a stable form of
insanity with the addiction we all share.

Now where will we put these Mac people?

Julie Macfarlane
1981 MKI 2L 16v w 2Y
"For good health : EAT RICE!"
Amsterdam NY

>From: David Utley
>To: Julie Macfarlane
>CC: mk1scirocco@yahoo.com, area53@validpath.com, scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Re: OT:Re: OT - Cry for Help (At the Mercy of Viruses/Spyware)
>Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 13:30:32 -0400
>
>Careful...
>
> How many people around the world drive Sciroccos around the world? :-)
>
>Minorities are as minorities do... Wait, that was not the quote... Oh
>never
>mind... :-)
>
>David Utley
>
>Feeling jumpy, are they putting something in Coke different these days?
>
>Quoting Julie Macfarlane :
>
> > Ohhhh PLEEEEZE...
> > and join the rest of the <2% of the world.
> >

> > Julie Macfarlane
> > 1981 MKI 2L 16v w 2Y
> > "For good health : EAT RICE!"
> > Amsterdam NY
> >

> > >From: Mark Hausler
> > >To: Jeff Toomasson , scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> > >Subject: Re: OT - Cry for Help (At the Mercy of Viruses/Spyware)
> > >Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 09:15:36 -0700 (PDT)

> > >here is an idea, Jeff. Buy a Mac! none of this crap
> > >to deal with. :)
> > >

> > >=====
> > >mark hausler
> > >'81 scirocco s
> > >'03 20AE GTI

> > Watch LIVE baseball games on your computer with MLB.TV, included with
>MSN
> > Premium!
> > http://join.msn.com/?page=features/mlb&pgmarket=en-
>us/go/onm00200439ave/direct/01/

>David Utley
>Cable Volkswagen
>405-470-3129
>1-800-522-6793

word (wûrd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source