Pissing Conest (WTB: 3a from Audi 80)

WOW, so, can we get back on topic here?
Does shortblock mean just the block?  I thought it meant the block with
pistons and a crank, basically everything but the head and tranny.  I have
seen a few people talking about replacing pistons, and like I said before,
i'm not fully knowledgeable about this stuff, and I just wanna make sure I'm
making sense (gimme a break, i'm 16)   What I basically wanted, was the
block, but to replace some of the parts like rings and bearings and etc.
My cousin is a machinist, and his old boss will let us use the shop for a
case of Bud.

I have thought about the ABA, it does sound like a pretty good idea, but I
just figured the 3a would be alot easier to install.  I was thinking the dp
would be expensive, but I supposed if I find an ABA cheap enough, i could
get away with spending the extra dough on the dp.   I didn't think that you
could use the 9a with an 8v head...so i didn't bother looking for a 9a, I'd
like to keep my 8 valves.  How does the ABA sit under neath the hood?  Is
clearance an issue?  With the 3a, some said it is torqueir (is that a word),
what I really want out of the engine is response and acceleration for auto
xing.

After going through all of those emails, i have kind of lost track of who
has 3a blocks, if you guys could send me and email with your location and
asking price that'd be great.

Sorry to make the list explode, I just want an engine.

Bryan
81 Volkswagen Scirocco

MSN Premium helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*