LA Boneyard report

I'm located in Central MD.... anyone have knowledge of this area and boneyards?

Gordon Forbess <gforbess@attglobal.net> wrote:On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 21:10:07 -0700 (PDT), Mike Smith
wrote:

>Being new to all this DIY car stuff and having never been to a "boneyard".... what's the best way to find them? Look in phone book under junk yard? what other AKA's do they have? I'd like to find the ones in my area, but suspect there aren't many.

Where are you? There maybe someone on the list that can point you to
a good one in your area. Try google or superpages.com. Many yards
now have an internet listing.

In the phone book, try: Used auto parts and auto wrecking yards.
Names like "pick-a-part", "pick your part", "pull your part", etc.
means bring your tools, wear your throw-away duds and prepare to get
dirty. It is an automotive education in itself doing hands-on salvage
work, and you'll save some $$ doing the dirty stuff.

Gordon
75 Scirocco/Drake 1.9 8V
http://pws.prserv.net/scirocco/scirocco.htm

word (wûrd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source