old foreign car, no engine (was: FS: 81 in Minnesota)

Due to a series of exploding concubines, massive offshore outsourcing
mergers, and random cat turds I was possessed to put My Precious up for
sale.  A handful of folks said, " Yeah!  I'm down, dood!" and I salute
them but have to share the details of the scary potential separation.
[Among them was MkI king Mark from Ontario, Canada to whom my replies
bounced after a day or two.  I am deeply sorry but this appears to be a
results of overeager spamblocking of one of the largest ISPs in America
which I cannot properly deal with at the moment.  Please forgive me for
not responding--I did and some of the info is in here....]

<mardak@cogeco.ca>
	Permanent Failure: 554_Service_unavailable;_Client_host_
[204.127.202.56]_blocked_using_dnsbl.sorbs.net;_Spam_Received_See:_
http://www.dnsbl.sorbs.net/cgi-bin/lookup?IP=204.127.202.56

Management has approved a discount for purchasers who promise to drag it
away behind another Scirocco.  I can't imagine anything cooler.

I will try to address some of the issues which would allow a lister to
take advantage of my grievous error in possibly letting go of this
automobile.

The windshield in the hatch/trunk is not the one for that car.  The real
one is in the garage attic which can only be reached by lifting the door
with the broken spring and moving the car (a mint 1974 Dodge Dart) that
is in the way.  Things get complicated when you get old (33).

Under the glass is an A2 knock box and CIS-E comp.  The knock sensor
itself is on the dash.  I always intended to do this as an 8V but times
have caught up and many other options are now available.  I have a
couple of 1.8 longblocks but nothing ready to drop in.  Somewhere the
original 4-speed lurks but I know I got no good 5-speed 020s.  I have a
new A/C MkII rad and other stuff I would no longer need if I sold this.
  That stuff is worth money.  I hate how cars and money are intertwined
but I can't forget the way I got this far.  Money.  The Spax kit is from
Ron's so it's lifetime warrantied! ;)  J/K--can anyone tell me how that
all turned out?  Does noone VW use Spax after that fiasco?  I have been
out of touch.

All the missing trim bits I have, it would just take an experienced hand
to match up the right bolts to the right holes if someone bought this in
pieces.  No kids!

I got the car from a kid.  After I did his brakes, he blew a hole in the
block and I paid like $316 for it in 1995 recognizing the cleanness of
the body.  After that my entire VW life was dedicated to making the
perfect Scirocco.  I started my obsession with a Basic Model 1977 Rabbit
and to me nothing could be more perfect than the simple elegance of
these designs.  Needless to say I never got done.  Most of the work was
done in the mid-90s and since then it has sat.  I painted some dings
with German Zinc paint and they have remained pretty stable over the
last 5 years.

I have a ton of vw crap.  Whoever buys the car gets the [stock US]
bumpers and one set of lights but some people said the windshield is
worth a few hondo on its own.  It would all have to get figured out so
the big stuff you want is in there when you come.  Small stuff forgotten
could be mailed but that grows into a hassle after a while.  What do you
want?  I have a super-nifty Drake 8V cam, 100m speedo-only rabbit
cluster, ten jillion rims, spare new brake parts and other things but it
would depend on what engine you planned to use or, I suppose, the other
cars you have.  Like I said, no hurry.

I am surprised noone said, "Build it, you wuss!"
I do still like to just talk about Sciroccos, you know.

It's a piece of my heart.  Make me an offer.
Accomodations and continental breakfast are free.

-Spewmeister