hose clamp ?

How much can I clamp down on my coolant hose? I am 99% sure the clamp is fully on the radiator part and I've tightened it down as much as I can with a screwdriver. It still seems to be leaking though. This is the lower radiator hose on my 8v. Can I break out the socket wrench and really squeeze that sucker or will it cut the hose? It's a fairly wide clamp, between 1/2 and 1/4". I may just have a crack in the plastic part of the radiator, I did flush out some Stop Leak crap, may have to put it back in.

TIA,
Dan

My car marks it's territory more than my 8mo old male puppy.