Car overheated and now won't start.

I got caught in heavy traffic and the cooling fan decided to not start.
I wan't able to get over for a while.  The oil temperature got to about
120 to 130 cecius and the water was up to the red zone.  I finally got
to pul over and hot wired the fan from the battery to run the high mode
all the way home I still had about 2-3 hours of driving.  Now the car
does not want to start very well.  It cranks and cranks, but doesn't
start.  Some times I can get it to start but it is when I am letting go
of the key not during the actual cranking.  Thought it might be the
battery I charged it up but same thing.

Don