Block Heater

Uh-oh, Dan....now you are gonna' get slammed by all the midgets on the list...

Larry
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dan Smith
  To: shawn f ; scirocco list
  Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 2:36 PM
  Subject: Re: Block Heater

  It certainly isn't a bad thing. Keeps your oil from turning into sludge. My mk1 came with on stock from the factory. If you have warm(er) days and excruciatingly cold nights like me, use a house light timer. You know, the kind that turns on your lights when you're not home. Plug it into an outlet outside your house (or wherever) and then set it to turn on like 2hrs before you have to leave for work. Or hire a midget to turn it on a few hrs before work and then start your car 30min before work so it's all toasty when you get in. Unfortunately, midgets are scarce here.

  Dan

  shawn f <falzsf@mts.net> wrote:
  Just wondering what does everyone think about block heaters? My block is coming back from the machine shop and they installed new frost plugs. I live in winnipeg and it can get as low as -40 celuis. Should i make sure i put a block heater in? I have always sworn by them since it is easier on your engine for start. What does everyone else think?

  Shawn F