Plastigage.....

Well i finally got my motor back and who after all the cleaning etc it looks great so tommorow i will start on it. I bought my plastigage and just looking for some tips on using it to check my rod/main clearances. I know to do it dry and torque everything then take it off and check the width of the platigauge. i was told to make sure i get ALL of te residue form the plastigage off of the rod/main bearings. What should i use to clean it up?

Shawn F