Window Tinting

If I remember correctly, the US bumpers really don't have much space
between the bumber cover and the metal.  Now you could cut holes in the
rear valence if you have a 16v, but I consider that a major no-no.
However, this thread got me thinking about trying to remove the plastic
cover over the backup light area on the stock tails ans adding a very
clear cover, then modifying the housing to use something like a fog
light in blace of the normal bulb holder.  Heat wouldn't be that much of
an issue since I can't see anyone having the car in reverse for more
then 30-50 seconds.

I know it certainly would require some mild to heavy moding on the rear
tails though, but what are some if you folk's thoughts on something like
that?  That way it keeps somewhat of a stock appearance while providing
enough light to land a plane at night.

William