B3 Passat Auto Tranny prevents starting

like most automatic, the sensor assembly is located (contact wise) on the
right or left of the stick shift, and the "park" switch is usually located
atop the assembly as well, you probably need to clean contacts (why neutral
is affected) and change/clean switch on the park switch.

click this link to see ETKA picture of assembly of the shifter

<http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco/various/etkapics/autoshiftpassat01%5Fetka
%2Ejpg>

hope this helps

MSN:ATSGTX@hotmail.com |YAHOO:ATSGTX@yahoo.com
ICQ:32918816           |AIM:Texasscirocco