Rough Idle after start

Whenever I start my B3 16v Passat it runs like crap for the first 30 seconds
until I can get the engine to high RPMs where it will settle out and then
idle ok.  I feels like it is running on 2 or 3 cylinders initially and
stumbles when I feather the gas.  Once I get past this the car idles great.
The other odd part about this is that on cold mornings ~below 40f it starts
great with no issues.

any ideas

Rocco content...there is more room in my garage for the Rocc since I finally
unloaded the 84 Jetta...now all I have to do is get rid of the 85 RustOcco

later

-------------[re-enter lurker digest mode]  Please respond directly

Michael Leach
MH-60R Integration and Test