Me again with a questions about ring gap.

To measure ring end gap insert just the ring in a 155mm in and then use a
feeler gauge. Note do not mount the ring on the piston
----- Original Message -----
From: "shawn f" <falzsf@mts.net>
To: "scirocco list" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 6:26 PM
Subject: Me again with a questions about ring gap.

Ok i was going over my bentley manual and it size to measure your end gaps
of your rings with the rings insterted approx. 155 mm from the top. So you
have to have you pistons in the cylinders and move it so the ring you are
measuring is 15mm from the top. Hmmm how do you measure it then? I have
micrometers, calipers, dial indicator and of course feeler gauges. Anyone
sheed light on this?

Thanks Again....