full thottle switch - how ammeters work

Almost afraid to get into this but Dwell is a measurement of Duty Cycle (On
time vs. Off time) but on a slightly different scale... 0% dwell or Duty
Cycle is always off... 100% Duty Cycle is always on and is measured as 60
Degrees... 50% Duty Cycle is half time on and half off and is read as 30
Degrees. It can be measured as current or you can also get very accurate
measurements measuring voltage... depends on the meter you own. The
ultimate measurement is neither volts or amps, mA or mV if that's more
comfortable, but a measurement of percent time.

If you have a Fluke or other meter that reads Duty Cycle... just convert
your dwell numbers to duty cycle.

-Raffi