was: The ultimate Idiot driver Now: Rattles.....heh....

heh, I think I rattled my transmission loose....

I'm starting to wonder if it was the synchros or if it was the fact that I
was missing a few bolts (came loose and disappeared) and the bottom motor
mount was loose AND the front crossmember was cracked....not to mention the
damned starter had 1/4" of PLAY BETWEEN IT AND THE TRANSMISSION (and I'd
tightened that one recently).

Now please, before the calls come forth for me to renounce my
Scirocco-ownership, bear in mind that it will not happen and that my
Scirocco will henceforth get a monthly 'tightening' session. I now know that
when it starts to NOT shake like the mounts are broken, that it's all loose.

Damn I love my car.....now if I could just get that truck to get its shit
together..........

Deez N.
(2.5) '87 16v Sciroccos
(1) '81 Rabbit Sportruck
http://www.takkenband.com/
http://home.earthlink.net/~danws69/index.html

"You can have my Scirocco when you pry it off of me with the Jaws of
Life." - Mike Smith