measuring cam lobes/intake ports

A micrometer won't do it.
Dial indicator will.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: koabi
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 6:54 AM
  Subject: measuring cam lobes/intake ports

  I may be looking at an engine that supposedly has cams and is ported and
  polished.  9A 16v (9A head too)

  I will be buying a micrometer.  Where do I measure the camlobes and if
  the cams are stock what measurement should I expect?

  I imagine measuring the intake port will be harder, as the head could be
  ported without making the measurable hole that the face of the head
  bigger.  For fun though, what would be a stock measurement for that?

  TIA,

  Koabi
  Up to no good.