multimeter vows and electrical issues RE: full throttle switch

Thank you Toby for a clearer information, I do have a question about you
stated below. when you say fry, are you talking about the multimeter or the
ecu?

if it is the multimeter, that would explain why I can never get any
milliamps reading on anything. but I can still get a voltage.

May I need to check if my 7$ multimeter has a fuse inside (hell it I know I
normally only use it for continuity testing and voltage readings :) with the
new OTC automotive multimeter I will actually have a manual to read and
understand how the damn thing works aside voltage readings...lol