WAAAYYYY OT: My right ear... [UPDATE]

I had my wife look at it last night.  She's an LPN studying to become an RN.  Good to have one in house, ya know?  Anyway, she said there wasn't really any wax packed in there that she could see, therefor an infection of some kind, most likely related to my sinuses (and cold).  So, last night before bed, I took a shot of vodka and 2 NyQuil caplets.  Woke up this morning and it was about 15 minutes before I realized that it was unclogged.  Huzzah!

Thanks for all the helpful words, although I acted on non of them other than to wait it out.  Personally, I thought it woul go on for a lot longer.

Mike

Aaron <aaroncarr@ntlworld.com> wrote:
Your eustachian tube is gunked up. This is a device which connects your
inner ear to your pharynx and acts to maintain the pressure of your
inner ear equal to armospheric pressure. If it's blocked then you lose
equilibrium and you get negative or positive pressure on your tympanic
membrane (ear drum) which will screw your hearing and could possibly
cause referred problems with balance.

It's probably an infection you've got, upper respiratory viral thing,
which ought to sort itself out in time. In fact, if it is viral there's
absolutely nothing you can do but wait for your body's self defence
mechanisms to kick in. But I would strongly advise you to go see your
doc anyway - he can check whether your ear is inflamed (meaning the
infection has moved into your inner ear or not) and may start
antibiotics if He thinks it might not be viral.

You could try decongestant stuff, like olobas oil or vicks or
something, but I honestly don't think that will have much impact.

Just have to put up and shut up I guess! :)

Onelove

Aaron