OT:huge sudden vibration(broken motor mount?)

My girlfriend was driving my rabbit GTI and she heard a cluck and then huge
vibrations when the engine was revved up.  That's what she said anyways.  So
I go outside to check it out and holy SHITE!!!  It seems fine when it's
idling but as soon as you touch the gas peddle and rev the engine, the whole
car vibrates and it's SUPER loud.  I popped the hood to listen to the engine
itself and it sounds normal. It was dark and I couldn't really see anything.
I am thinking fubar'd motor mount.  Anyone have any other ideas.

Thanks

Ryan