Blown shock?

Joe Doty wrote:

> Potterman (www.parts4vws.com) can set you up with a full set of Bilstein
> HDs for less than $400 I believe.  This is a performance shock.  I have
> HDs on my '79 and Sports on my '88.  If they are out of your price
> range, think about getting something from Boge or Tokico.  I have no
> experience with their shocks on A1s tho.

But he's on lowering springs, so Bilstein Sports are the proper
application.  Same valving, shorter shaft.. and if they are out of
budget, I suggest finding a way to fit them in, if you are intending to
keep the car for the long haul - will FAR outlast the other stuff.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA