Any drawback to having a hydro head on a JH?

When I bought the Cali, I noticed that the head had the big H on it. The PO says that the cylinder head had never been replaced so it could very well be the first owner's doing.

I checked the block this morning and it is indeed a JH.

What would this do? My first inclination is that, assuming only the head was replaced, if the engine's oil pump wasn't upgraded at the same time, the smaller solid-lifter pump probably wouldn't generate enough oil pressure to allow the hydraulic valve train to operate properly.

Or - maybe the engine was completely replaced with something out of an '85/6/7/8 8v and the only way to truly confirm if the oil pump is the right one is to crack open the oil pan, right?

Sheesh - Only in a Scirocco!   :)

JT