Making SS Brake Lines

Hi, this is my first message to the list in quite a long time.  So hello again.

I'm currently working on redoing my brakes and was looking at stainless
steel lines.  The least expensive ones I've found are $100, which is a fair
price but if I can get them for less I'm all about it.  So I was looking
through the Pegasus Racing catalog.  They sell the right kind of hose for
$4.29 a foot.  And they also have many different fittings for around $10
each.  So I was curious if anyone has gone this route and assembled their
own lines.  I understand that brakes are important and that I may be taking
a risk making my own, but Pegasus has directions on how to do it right and
I'm confident that I can follow them.  Anyone with any insight on the
matter?  They have some pre-assembled hoses too that are fairly cheap that
I could get if I knew what kind of fittings I need.  So whats the good word?

  -Carl