From: "Jeff Toomasson" <jtoomasson@yahoo.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 11:29 AM
Subject: Bay Area Scirocco Rescue Group strikes again! '83
CailforniaEdition!!!

Hi Everyone! I had seen this car posted on Craigslist a few months back and
was very bummed because I promised my wife I wouldn't take on any more
vehicle's (this makes 5 including hers), but the owner recently posted it
again slashing the price in half (and virtually offering it for free). I had
always told her too the only way I would ever breech that agreement was if I
found a California Edition (only 500 produced which makes it the third
rarest mk2 offered in North America -  1) Callaway Rocco (20#??)  2) Slegato
(127#)).

I ducked out of work late last week to get a peek because the owner was
digi-cam illiterate. I was expecting to see something that would be a waste
of my time regardless of what it cost. But instead, I found this:

http://validpath.com/images/cali/page_01.htm

The car was in excellent condition considering it had sat uncovered for six
years (minus the dash) and all it needs is a head gasket. The now PREVIOUS
owner is a stay-at-home mom that got this for a college graduation present
in 1987. She had ALL the service records for it.

Now, what the future holds for this guy, I can't tell you; because the mk1
is still my main priority. Just had to share!

Jeff
(Chief Executive Addict, Bay Area Scirocco Rescue Group  ;)