Roll Cage...

BTW .. sorry about the lengthy post :)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adrian" <adrian.culda@sympatico.ca>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2003 2:18 PM
Subject: Roll Cage...

hey guys ..
been off the list for a while ....
now im back on and im thinkin of a lil bit of chasy reinforcement .....
i searche up some info on roll cages and i came across S&W Racecars ...
anyone know/heard of these guys ???
anyway ...
i saw that they offer 8Pt. roll bars for $150.00 and 10Pt. Roll cages for
$220.00 !!!
here's some detail both:
8Pt.:
    "S&W 1-3/4"x.134" wall mild steel roll bars are precision bent for each
particular body style and feature notched tube ends (where applicable) for
ease of installation. Our roll bars are designed to increase chassis
stiffness and protect the driver in the event of a crash. The kit includes a
main hoop, rear braces, side bars, frame supports, seat crossmember and 6
steel mounting plates."

10Pt.:
    "S&W 10-point roll cages include all the components of an 8-point roll
bar plus roof tubes and windshield crossmember or hoop and windshield post
runners. Made of 1-5/8"x.134" wall mild steel tubing, S&W roll cages meet
and exceed NHRA, IHRA & NMCA requirements, see tech tip at bottom of page.
Our 10-point roll cages are designed to remain behind the firewall and
require no modifications to the stock dashboard.
S & W 10 point roll cages feature notched tube ends, where applicable, for
ease of installation.
For additional front frame support, we recommend the addition of part number
13-350 front subframe supports ( $40.00 )"

now here's the shocker .... available for : Original beetle, Rabbit, Jetta
III, 82' - '88 Scirocco.
Let me know what are your thoughts on this subject.
L8R all. :)