New Member

--- L F <rocco16v@netzero.net> wrote:
> Aaron,
> Welcome to the list!!
> You are on the right track, my friend, UPGRADING  to a
> 16v and all.   You'll find plenty of help on this list.
>  Some may try to persuade you to stay with the lowly
> 8V....don't listen to any of that stuff.  High-tech is
> the best way to go...
> The mystique, the status, the effortless power and
> uncommon durability of the 16v will be worth any effort.
> You have a long way to go...at least you are pointing in
> the proper direction.

Larry's comments always must be taken with a grain of salt.

The thing he doesn't realize is that Scirocco 16v parts
will be a LOT harder to find in England as they were rarely
imported there, making the conversion more difficult.  It
can be done though.  The main thing to remember is that
you're working with basically an Mk 1 Golf chassis, not the
Mk 2 Golf, therefore some bits don't interchange well.
(You will NOT be able to use an Mk 2 Golf exhaust manifold
for instance.)

Plus you guys got some higher power 8v cars too, very
tunable.  I would look seriously into going that route.

Welcome to the list!

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '80 Scirocco S, '81 Scirocco, '82 Scirocco.
"I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong."