Odd cooling problem

Oh God...this happened to me on a local VW tuner's dyno session.  The first
run blowing 18psi, the rad cap puked all over his super clean shop.  The owner
walked over and looked at the cap and said "Steve, I can't believe you haven't
replaced that old cap."  He claims the new blue caps are an upgrade and can
hold more pressure.  My guess is that this can be only proven by pressure
testing a brand new nos black cap with the new blue one...but why would any one
wanna do this.  It's just a rad cap.  Sure as shit that was the only problem.
But, new caps are blue and look stupid in the engine bay.  Yeah, I'm anal.

Steve Szuba
Callaway Turbo Scirocco #10
Uncle Rocco