cooling problem UPDATED

Well, I wish I would have investigated it more but I put a new cap on it and
test drove it again and this time it was coming out as I drove back into the
the driveway.  Turned out that the coolant temp sensor cracked and was causing
the leak.

On a side note let me tell you I hate clueless discount autoparts people.  I
check online and they say they have the coolant bottle cap at this one store.
Go there and ask the guy he says we don't carry nuthin like that for VW we
just got GM stuff.  I say I saw it online on your website and says its in stock.
 He just kept shaking his head, I said can you just look it up on your
computer.  He goes and says nope we just got a radiator cap, I said its the same
thing he said no its not, I said yes VW's don't have radiator caps they are
coolant bottle caps, he keeps shaking his head no.  Well, I just gave up right
there and stopped trying to educate because he didn't wanna listen.  So I said OK
just get me the radiator cap then please.  Sighhh.......Now I have to go back
there and get the coolant senser hes probably going to tell me there is no
coolant sensor on the coolant bottle. LOL

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6