Fan control equipment

Separate harness... there are many different versions of the fan and
controls but they are separate.

Off the top of my head here is what I can remember. ..

The coolant temp switch mounts into the radiator. It can be either a 2 wire
or three wire depending on if your car came with 2 speeds... all AC MKII
cars I know have 2 speed and therefore are 3 wire.

Your fan motor may have 2 or three wires but this does not necessarily
indicate that the car is not dual speed. The 3 wire uses two sets of
windings for the speeds. the 2 wire will have a large ceramic dropping
resistor to slow the fan.

If the car has AC there will also be a relay mounted on a bracket near the
battery. this is controlled by the AC system to kick the fan on high when
the system is in use.

Hope that helps ya.
-Raffi