Oil and filters...

At 11:23 PM 9/9/03 -0700, Mark wrote:
> [...]
I agree about not buying junk filters.  And a lot of the time Fram falls
into this
category, mostly because of some problems they had a few years back.  I
do use the Mann filters in my VWs, and they aren't really much more than a
Fram if you get them from someone like Potterman or a volume seller on ebay.
As for Fram, I did use to use them on a GTI I had, which when I got rid of it
had 175K and no problems except for a slight valve tick it had when I got
it with
50K.  I do use Frams on my truck, which I bought new, and it currently has
132K and still is just as strong as it was at day one.  Just offering my
experience
here, though I know there are people here who have had problems with other
filter
brands, Fram being one of them.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.
'89 Polaris Indy Deluxe