Oh, OH!, how I love a well maintained list/archive...

I know what you're thinking. Did he use the o-ring or the old filter gasket? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a VW Scirocco, the coolest car in the world, and would blow your doors clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?

I'm getting a ring... lol.

And, a HUGE THANK YOU!  to all you listers out there, epecially the one who started it all.  I was about to say "you guys have no idea how much time and money you've saved me" but, you're all Scirocco owners and you're all on the list as well.  'nuff said!

Mike

Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:

--- Mike Smith wrote:

> Now, remove the blown seal between the cooler and the
> filter flange. Take your old oil filter, remove its
> rubber gasket, replace the blown cooler-to-flange seal
> with the oil filter seal (yes this works perfectly).
>

> Is this recommended or should I wait and get the proper
> o-ring?

If it were me, I'd get the proper o-ring. Ask yourself,
"do I really want to be here again anytime soon?"

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '80 Scirocco S, '81 Scirocco, '82 Scirocco.
"I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong."

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

word (wûrd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source