Discussion: Sizing an air Compressor

At 08:42 PM 9/8/03 -0400, Brian McGarvey wrote:

>So...
>Im wondering how to select the right size aircompressor.
>most of the horizontal ones are in the 5-7 CFM and jitterbugs are rated
>about 4cfm..
>So when is it cost effective to buy the big one?
>

>--
>Brian

Brian,
It all depends on what your plans for use are, including long term.  If you
plan
on doing sand blasting, a lot of impact gun work, sanding and that sort of
thing
a larger one is the way to go.  But you also need a 240V feed to the
garage.  If
that is not doable then you might want to consider one of the larger
portable (horizontal)
ones. Cost-wise there isn't much difference between a larger portable one
and a two
stage 60 gallon one.  The ones I sell at work differ by only $30.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.
'89 Polaris Indy Deluxe