Odometer repair Update and question.

Well everything workes except for the lights on the speedo unit.  Here's somthing weird though.  The right side parking lights and the rear right brake light is not working now.  I can put right turn signal on and the lights will come on.  Another odd thing is I had to reset the frequencies on my radio, but I didn't even disconnect the battery.  Can all of this be related to the spot that tore on the flex circuit board.  Thanks for the help.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta Vr6