Ever see a hammer bounce? (and a tech question)

>If you don't want to go through the hassle of cutting the head off try
>this.
>
>Pound a torx into the head of the bolt AND use the vice grips at the same
>time.  It will come out.  For the last one, use the torx and turn the TB at
>the same time (in the off direction).  It will also come off.
>
>In the future, before you try to take the bolts out, give them a few taps,
>either directly or through the ext. and bit.  This will not only push the
>bit farther into the head of the bolt but also jolt the bolt to loosen up
>any rust (or in this case, corrosion) that may be keeping it from loosening
>easily.  Using these techniques I have never had to cut the heads off of
>any
>bolts or tap any.  HTH!
>
>Dave

Also, before you try the torx or larger allen, using a torch on the manifold
where the bolts thread in is a good idea.  The aluminum will expand more
than the bolt and make the threads looser around it.

**Drew Teague**
Harrisburg, PA

'84 8v Rocco --  "Bruise"
'85 BMW 318i