Roccos and Newborns

Brad Sterling wrote:
> That should also get me more space.  But will
> this be enough?  Do I need to find a car with a trunk?

Well, I haven't BTDT with a Scirocco, but when my
boys were little (now 2 in college, 1 in HS), I had an
'82 Honda Accord hatchback. This was the "big" car;
the other car was a Fiat X1/9 two seater.

It is a pain a) getting the car seat in back there, and
b) getting the little one(s)  in and out of the car seat.
But the hatch made it easy to load the other stuff,
and there was lots of it.

As for packing it all -- if you plan on using the Roc
as the carry-the-baby car, plan on buying things to fit
it. Instead of a big, bulky stroller, get one of those little
umbrella strollers. It's easier to pack and cheaper, too.
Instead of hauling around a playpen, be a good Dad
and you be the playpen -- play with the kid, sit him/her
on your lap, bond with the baby.  Because time really
flies when you have kids, and it won't be long before
he/she will want to borrow your Scirocco.

And get your sleep now, because you won't be
getting any come January.

Kent