Ever see a hammer bounce? (and a tech question)

--- chris gonzalez <chris24g@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Daun, just do what I do when bolts are frozen... hop into
> one of your other sciroccos, then drive that one until
> something breaks. By that time you've cooled down enough
> to attack the bolt with new vigor and perspective.

That's pretty much what I've done.  The thing that kinda
ticked me off is that I had just spent a lot of quality
garage time with this '86 and expected to drive it for a
bit.  Alas, I took the 16v to work today.  :p

On a side note, I returned home this evening only to find
an extra Scirocco in the driveway and the hood of the '86
raised.  Anson had stopped by and removed the offending
bolts.  I still haven't asked what he did to do it....
but I'm thankful he did.  I wasn't going to touch the thing
'til the weekend when I had a little time.

> That part about the hammer caught me off guard and I
> started laughing out loud in the office! :^D

That's why I posted the story really - you've got to laugh
at yourself now and then for being a dumb twit...    right
Ron?  :p

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '80 Scirocco S, '81 Scirocco, '82 Scirocco.
"I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong."