Detailed ?'s for going Non-A/C in a mk1

For the cleanest look;

Remove the a/c ducting in the rain tray, then working underneath fiberglass
in a panel to block off the hole then bondo over the top and sand level
before paint.

Remove all the current HVAC ducting in the car and replace with the non-ac
stuff from the donor.

Definetely remove the stock HVAC airbox and fan setup as it contains the
harder than hell to replace heater core and you save a little weight by
removing the a/c condensor.

Find a non-a/c center console and heater controls.  This isn't easy but with
the number of MkI's available in Northern CA junkyards I'm sure we can find
some for you.

You will also need to re-wire the heater/a-c fan as it is only 3 speed in
the non-ac cars and has a different plug leading to the ballast resistor
pack.  The positive wire for the fan/a-c setup is connected to a large fuse,
often screwed into a special holder above the fusebox.  You can either keep
this, or working from a non-a/c bentley, rewire correctly.

As for the alternator, you need the non-ac pulley and non-ac water pump
pulley from the donor.

I know there is more but we can chat about that later.

BcH
78 MkI Ragtop ABA 16vT boxes of parts