[scirocco] leaks

Oh, I hate the loop kind.  they really chap my hide.  I had problems right from the start trying to get a good grip on the filter and I found that once you drop it in the used oil, it's even worse.

Mike

Dan Smith <sad_rocc@yahoo.com> wrote:
I agree, they all do leak. For the rear seal when mine leaked, I bought some of that foam weather stripping. It's about 1/2" thick squishy foam and maybe 3/4" wide. I just ran it directly on top of the old gasket and it seemed to seal things up pretty good. As for the oil filter cup with the socket attatchment, those are everywhere. FLAPS, WalMart, etc etc. I personally prefer the looped piece of metal type wrenches as I think the leverage is easier. Plus I was always told to hand tighten and then give a slight crank more and if there was a socket wrench attatched to it, I'd be afraid I'd over tighten too easily.

Dan
I feel your pain with the oil changes

-DAN- <danws69@earthlink.net> wrote:
[rant]

They ALL F#@!ING LEAK.

The Scirocco....the Sportruck.....the other Scirocco......luckily the
trailer is missing the 'leaky' parts, so my drum set stays dry.....but I
digress...

THEY ALL LEAK.

Doesn't it rain in Germany?
I know it may not rain every day there like it does here in sunny(hahaha)
Florida, but jeez....it's like they didn't even consider H2O when making
these things.....

[/rant]

Deez N.
(2.5) '87 16v Sciroccos
(1) '81 Rabbit Sportruck
http://www.takkenband.com/
http://home.earthlink.net/~danws69/index.html

"You can have my Scirocco when you pry it off of me with the Jaws of
Life." - Mike Smith