From: Jeff Toomasson [mailto:jtoomasson@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 4:02 PM
To: Brian McGarvey; Joe Doty
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: dusted off the turbo car

Not so fast!? I live within driving distance!?? :p
?
JT?

Brian McGarvey <brianm@earendel.org> wrote:
well tell us what kind of turbo? and how much $$ would make you part w/
it... :-) Shipping and Handling?
brian

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Joe Doty wrote:

> I wish I could fix the turbo setup but I don't want to. I decided I
> wanted to do something with it after it had been sitting in my parents'
> backyard for about three months because of blown motor #2 (probably a
> cracked piston). Oddly enough it fired right up, nevermind the cloud of
> blue smoke that puffed out of it. I couldn't resist the temptation to
> pass the garage and head towards the street, despite my brother giving
> me the "what the hell are you doing" look. I ran it around the block
> for one last tire cleaning before I put her to rest.
>
> The turbo junk, 1.8, and digifant are getting ripped out to go back to
> the 2.0 16v. It's going to be great, the car will run and drive well
> all the time, and I won't have to think about it.
>
> This car has had the most screwed up history ever.
>
> This is the car that I got for $50 from the local high school auto
> class. It needed a transmission. I got it running and drove it for a
> while, then dropped a 2.0 and a 4K into it. A year or so-ish later I
> put a lower compression 1.8 16v and digifant on it. Then I put all the
> turbo stuff on it. It was a few months later that it blew up. I
> rebuilt it, then it blew up again. Now I'm going back to the 2.0.
>
> So, in summary:
> 1.8 16v (stock)
> 2.0 16v
> low compression 1.8 16v n/a digifant
> turbo 1.8 16v digifant (blew up twice)
> 2.0 16v
>
> Joe

Brian
88 16v $2003 GRM challenge car http://www.grmotorsports.com
84 0v Next years car got parts?
82 2.0L Topless bunny -- Knock Ignition and bigger clutch. next.
90 90q20v doing daily driver duty.
91 VFR750F everybody needs a 11-12 sec vehicle.

Contact method. Email me for AIM, ICQ, YahooIM, IRC, etc.