[ot]Airing out the dirty laundry

Sorry to hear about your problems.. here's my take on the situation:

Dirk is a great guy; I've met him in person. If he's not answering your
e-mails then like others said he is probably gone on vacation or has some
sort of personal emergency.

That said, nobody's perfect. I bought a Scirocco II euro high beam lens
from Dirk and he sent me one for the wrong side. When I emailed him about
it he told me they were the same. That is clearly not the case if you look
at them side by side. Yes, the beam pattern is the same. But in order to
point them anywhere close to straight ahead, you have to adjust the lens
until it's visibly cockeyed compared to the others. To say they are the
same just isn't true.

I might have tried to send it back if it had not been for my euro lights
lenses' cracking less than a week later. They're still cracked and that
one lense is crooked; but I can't afford to get replacements so..
whatever. My car has lots of problems - what's one more?

Also keep in mind Dirk deals with plenty of deadbeats and has lost a lot
of money to dishonest people. Perhaps he doubts that he sent you the wrong
lense (a photo is not "absolute proof").. you could be trying to "scam"
him in to giving exchanging parts to get you what you want at his expense.

What would I do in your case? Send him a letter via snail-mail. That way
when he gets back from wherever he is, he will not fail to notice that
you've been trying to contact him.

You also ought to verify his address and e-mail; who knows.. maybe it's
not the -real- Dirk Schneider. It could be "Astra-lady" hiding behind his
good reputation.

-Toby