Good Price??

Wow Dave!

I guess that makes you special!

An RD block, with the associated knock wiring, ready to drop in, is not your every day find on a 8v.  Granted, ABA blocks are a dime a dozen lately (seen them for $250 complete), you just don't find good RDs anymore.

As for a minor rebuild, in my book, that means new piston rings, and maybe a home valve grind with some paste...new seals and headgasket.  Not a full blown, bore, 1st oversize pistons, new rod bearings, main bearings, etc etc.

--
Eric
www.VintageWatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (FOR SALE!)
81 Rabbit Truck 2.0 16v Motronic
83 Scirocco Wolfsburg