Paint Options

W. Hawker wrote:

> I am a bit undecided which is the best way to go with the painting.

When my 16v was painted 3 years ago, I agonized over this too.. pull the
body kit, or leave on and paint on the car?  Got lots of advice, lots of
reasons to do it one way or the other.  Finally opted to leave it up to
the painter, who suggested the kit stay on.. everything turned out fine.
They added a small amount of flex agent to the entire paint batch, and
you can get up close to the body kit and not see any drips or other
signs that it was on the car when painted.. and the paint is holding up
very well.

The other consideration for me was removing and reinstalling the kit is
very difficult to do without screwing it up.  You'll already have yours
off so that part won't be a consideration.  But my advice would still be
to just put it on and have it painted on the car.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA