Paint Options

Well the project is nearing completion. Just finished the extensive body
work on the 82. I am on a first name basis with the guys at the auto
recycler! Replaced fenders, doors and a pile of interior stuff.  Anyway, now
is time for paint.  I am planning to install a 16V body kit (black Plastic)
and the car will be painted in the original "Cedar Metallic Green (dark
green)  I am a bit undecided which is the best way to go with the painting.
Should I paint the car, and paint the mirrors, body kit and bumpers before
they are installed. I would have to bring everything to the paint shop. The
other option is paint the area to be covered by the body kit first, then
drag the car back, install the kit, then take the whole thing back to the
shop for paint (an expensive option).  What are the chances of damaging the
kit if it is painted first. I am worried about the adhesive spreading out
and ruining the new paint if I install after the car is painted.

Oh I will post the restoration pics once I am completed

Bill
82 -1.8 8V
83 GTi