Tasty mustangs and such (long and rambling)

Well, we had a good weekend, an unusual drag race yesterday, since we
usually run import events, and this was a domestic event with import classes
wedged in, mostly a Mustang event. Anyways, we did "his and hers" Roccs
again, and since there was just the one bracket import class, Denny decided
to run ET-2 against the V8 boys so we'd be in different classes. It was
hilarious! I had an odd day with the clock since I had the wrong dial time
(2 seconds too fast), and it proved very confusing for the Honda I was
against, he basicly passed me at half track then slammed on the brakes. it
was very wierd. Good thing too, since I would have broken out. Klaus was
back to his tricks of going too fast. Back to the bug for me next weekend
though, I don't even think I've driven it for two weeks, that MkI is way too
easy to get along with.

But it was Denny who had the fun, he'd run a time trial and be very close to
the Mustang or whatever at the end, then the V8 guy's friends would all get
on his case about getting nearly beat by a four banger, and the inevitable
"What have you got in that thing?" would come up. It was so funny to see the
V8 guys getting flack from their buddies, and Denny survived many rounds
against the 'stangs and Camaros. He was the only import in the class.

We both made it to semi finals in large classes, and had a real blast. There
were some very serious cars there, including the 9.2 second Honda we often
see, and a 6 second Mustang. (And some big diesel pickups running 15s and
16s, impressive, and ya gotta love the soot)  Also the first real accident
we've seen, a 60's Camaro (about an 8 second car) up on two wheels and saved
by the guard rail, but his body got munched.

On the home front, my new garage door is on, and the kid is home, every so
often I hear the familiar "@%!$#^)ing car!!" wafting up from the Jetta
below. He's doing an axle and aborting the mission to do an oil pan gasket,
and needs to get on the road to the North shortly. I guess I'll finish
later, I have to see if I have better luck with "two gay bolts" than Adam is
having, not very likely.

Oh, I have the 80 home finallly too, it went for it's last trip on public
roadds, sort of sad, poor old thing fired up and stuck on WOT, then with a
bit of oil on the moving parts of the throttle assembly, putted o home very
nicely. It's still a better feeling car than the PT, despite having no floor
to speak of.
ANyway, off to get greasy I guess. Cathy