balancing.

BTW Dan, the comment that it makes no engineering sense is a fallacy, I
think
> it is called 'ploy for authority', can't recall.  You cannot possibly know
all
> there is to know about engineering (otherwise you would be too busy than
> spend you time here), therefore for you to say that it makes no
engineering
> sense is at the very least, arrogant!

Do you also have a cute term for the purpose of this paragraph?
Not everything is rocket science. It's not necessary to know everything
there is to know about engineering to analyse this issue since it's
basically first year physics.
It's naive of you think I would have to be arrogant to make that statement.
Thanks for putting your spin on it though!