Pedal assembly help needed.

OK Dave, come Monday and I will give it a shot.  One thing I couldn't figure out is how to get the metal clip off the side of the bracket - you know, the one that holds the bracket around the steering column.  There seems to be tabs on it, but pushing them in it still didn't budge.  If you need a pic of what I'm talking about let me know.  Thanks again!!!
Ryan