quote from Autoweek Phaeton review

--- Kevin Collins <kcollins1@socal.rr.com> wrote:
> This is great... near the end of the review (largely
> positive I might
> add), we get this little passage:
>
> "...Phaeton customers will have an average pretax
> annual household
> income of $300,000, which means they're not driving
> Sciroccos.  At least
> not any more.  Each year 15 percent of VW customers
> graduate to luxury
> sedans.  So the Phaeton is VW's attempt to keep
> those upscale customers
> in the fold."
>
> Somebody on the list needs to order up a Phaeton..
> :)

Dude- those cars are so rad!

Me and some buds saw one on 101 in Marin the other
week. Manufacturer plates- black- W12. I was in the
20AE GTI and we raced for a little bit. Talked thru
the windows while going over the Golden Gate. The guy
was my age and said  "you got to get one of these!!!"
I was like yeah (as I keep eying his cute date), the
car , Mark, the car.

Now I just need to save up the 85 grand...

=====
mark hausler
'81 scirocco s
'03 20AE GTI